Wednesday, December 05, 2007

I am waiting for someone to really discover America and wail.

And just like that, we are back.

So fire up a colortini, sit back, relax, and watch the pictures now as they fly through the air.

I've always wanted to say that. You know Tom Snyder died not too long ago? Do you want to know more? Tom Snyder gave great TV. Sure, the famous interviews are classics: John Lydon...when Wendy O. Williams sledgehammered a TV set...Charles Manson. But I remember watching the CBS Late, Late Show almost religiously, and there were some great hours there. An all-time standoff with a quiet and seemingly hateful Warren Beatty, who took 45 seconds to answer whether or not he still ever talked to his sister (that would be Shirley MacLaine, for all you OK! magazine readers out there) ; David Lynch reminiscing about moving to Philadelphia for art school and all his insane neighbors, including a tiny old lady who would crawl around her back yard barking like a dog for hours.

Snyder could even make a dimwit "intellectual" like Bob Costas sound cute. Go YouTube that shit. He's up there. I know some Snyder maniacs have put up ENTIRE complete shows (TV and Radio) on the YTub and other spots on the nets cause I been checking and wrecking them for days. IT'S ALL I DO. I would link to it, but I'm lazy and your fingers need the exercise. Fat fingers! Anyway, why should you go look for Snyder right now? Watch a cardboard hairdo turd a'la Brian Williams dry shellac his way through the evening newscast now, and you want to just nuke the entire fucking planet and start over. I hate this country. And that's why you should go watch Tom Snyder! He hated it so much he went and died on us.

So anyway, the other day I was talking to someone who shall remain nameless about our current listening habits. I had to explain that since I don't really like music or other human beings too damn much any more, it is slim pickens out there (and no, not the dude that rode the A-Bomb in Dr. Strangelove). Basically, I just want to return to the womb as soon as possible and avoid all the bullshit, so I listen to blurry noise and metal and numb and doom. Nadja, Panda Bear, White Rainbow and not only that but I'm back on Aphex Twin and Fripp N' Eno and Basic Channel and even the Orb! And then a few weeks ago I got stupid and read the fab new (New Yorker music critic) Alex Ross book about 20th century classical and can tolerate ought else these days! So fiddle my faddle! Can you taste the colortinis yet, you fucking cretins?

No comments: