Obviously the blog has suffered in the Aught-Six. Apologies, droogs. I'm sure to be feeling a few creative bursts in the weeks to come, but in the meantime....some New Year's Resolutions:
1) Always, always the tightest pants possible. No exceptions!
2) My new white cowboy ankle-boots (fake Ostrich, from the sweet shelves of Alcala's) are kicking five kinds of ass, if only in my own mind.
3) Dual blogging is the new shining path. I'm doing some prose crank for the bookstore's blog, where you can read more of my bitter, nerdy churl. I'd post a nice fat link, but bookstore cohorts would be embarrassed at the association with this here bloggity. You know where to go, right?
Oh my God, lacerating wood flute solo on this Satyricon song....be right back.
4) More writing down and reflections on very vivid dream activity as of late, if only to prove that your imagination/emotional life is not a burned-out, reedy husk.
5) You can make more friends! You can make more friends!
6) Make the winter beard happen. Temps dipping into the minus range this weekend...the time is now.
7) Make the matching Thin Lizzy's Johnny The Fox cover art tats you've been planning with Jon really happen.
8) Complete Gibbon's Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire. You know you can do it.
Later this morning, Indiana and then Metal Haven. Tomorrow the world!